Something that pops up in our minds prior to having a detailed insight into the Digital Marketing job description is the definition of Digital Marketing Manager in the very first place. To find an answer, we simply need to understand that a digital marketing manager is someone who is responsible for managing every kind of digital marketing campaigns and often other professionals within the marketing department.
A seasoned digital marketing manager will ensure that their company’s online presence, promotions & all other projects are keeping up with the brand standards to market products along-with services successfully.
What exactly does a digital marketing manager do?
To put it simply, a digital marketing manager is involved in performing and overseeing the following tasks.
- To successfully develop all digital marketing plans while including SEO/SEM, email marketing, social media marketing, and also online advertising campaigns among others
- To oversee the overall development of e-marketing content along with exploring the sales channels
- To effectively collaborate with team members and offer successful guidance to the design and implementation of certain marketing campaigns for enhancing the full online presence of the company’s online portal
- Successfully analyzing online statistics while identifying opportunities at the same time to optimize performance as well as reporting insights to leadership
What are the educational and experience requirements for a digital marketing manager?
A digital marketing manager needs to have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in marketing or any other relevant field.
Moreover, the individual also needs to have a proven working experience in digital marketing, specifically within the industry. A digital marketing manager must also have a demonstrable experience when it comes to leading and managing Search Engine Optimization (SEO)/Search Engine Marketing (SEM), marketing database, email, social media, and/or demonstrate advertising campaigns. In addition, he/she also needs to have experience in optimizing landing pages as well as user funnels.
What are the must-have skills for a digital marketing manager?
Leadership skills are of supreme importance when we talk about the job as this job needs you to influence others and to drive results through collaboration.
Besides, you must also able to work with your colleagues and contacts at every level of the company to develop compelling offers and also drive growth.
In addition, the most important thing is to have strong writing skills to communicate your brand’s message in the most efficient way possible. A digital marketing specialist also needs to have strong data analysis skills to proficiently extract value from reporting tool.
Last but not least, adaptability in the dynamic digital space is also a key if you want to excel as a digital media manager.
Job Responsibilities of Digital Marketing Manager
- To successfully design, build and maintain a company’s social media presence.
- Effectively plan and execute every aspect of digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media as well as display advertising campaigns.
- Successfully measure as well as report performance of every single digital marketing campaign, and also assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- To brainstorm brand new and out-of-the-box creative growth strategies.
- To identify trends and insights, and also effectively optimize spend and performance based on the insights.
- Resourcefully plan, execute, and measure experiments alongside conversion tests.
- To competently collaborate with internal teams for creating landing pages and also optimize the user experience.
- Utilization of strong analytical ability to assess end-to-end customer experience across various channels and customer touch points.
- Ingeniously collaborate with agencies and certain other vendor partners.
- Thoroughly evaluate emerging technologies. Offer thought leadership and perspective for adoption when and where appropriate.
Job Requirements for Digital Marketing Manager
- BS/MS degree preferably in marketing or any relevant field
- Proven working experience in the related field
- Highly creative with experience in successfully identifying target audiences and work out digital campaigns that engage, inform and also motivate
- Successfully demonstrable experience leading as well as managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media along with displaying advertising campaigns
- Professional experience in optimizing landing pages and also user funnels
- Hands-on experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Grip over ad serving tools (e.g., DART, Atlas)
- Must have experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Strong analytical skills along with data-driven thinking
- Up-to-the-minute knowledge of the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
Digital Marketing Manager Average Salary
Digital Marketing Manager’s average salary in the United States is $107,758, however, the range normally falls between $92,816 and $128,004.
In addition, the salary ranges can differ widely depending on several crucial factors such as education, certifications, additional skills, and experience, to name a few.