If you are curious about starting a blog in 2022 and want to give it a practical shape, you’ve probably come to the right place. Truth be told, starting a blog is not a sturdy task these days you can easily begin to one from your comfort so quickly. Gone are the days when starting a blog used to have required hard code to initiate a website or even a small blog.
On the contrary, it is comparatively easy these days as there are Content Management Systems specifically designed to accomplish the purpose for you.
Choosing a Topic Matters a Lot
The foremost question that pops up in mind is that what can be the best topic for a blog and while keeping in view the broad categories of topics to choose from, it can be an easy-peasy task to choose from such an extensive range. Moreover, while observing people making money blogging almost about anything, there are certain things that you need to keep in mind before the launch phase.
- The topic you choose needs to have an audience, so people have to be interested in what you are writing about.
- The size of the audience also matters to a great extent and must be a big enough. This can also be a good sign if other folks are blogging about the topic you have chosen for your blog.
- An important point that shouldn’t be forgone is that your blog must help people in any sort of ways possible such as to entertain, inform, offer answers or solutions. The simplest blogs can be to address basic human needs; relationships, self-esteem and security, to name a few.
Domain Name Plays a Key Role
Registering and deciding on a domain name should be done carefully. It is a useful search and marketing tool that successfully directs users to your blog. Meticulous research and deliberation should be applied because this is a critical decision while carving out your piece of the online market. Here are some perks of possessing a strong domain name:
- Unlike mainstream marketing, as long as you keep paying the minimal annual fees, your domain name will remain active.
- A strong domain name adds a professional reliability to your business and makes you unique from the phony websites.
- It offers marketability on a global scale, or you can focus on a specific region.
- It guarantees visibility to your blog. Similar to a storefront window, a credible domain name will gain viewers and create awareness.
- It boosts the search engine ranking. As you continue to build your blog and add high-quality content, your domain name will become more recognizable in search engines. This pulls more viewers in your direction.
- It establishes your blog as tech-savvy and progressive. Whether or not you sell products on your blog, it is vital to claim your territory online.
- It creates mobility for your internet presence. If you shift to another country, decide to alter web hosting services, or relocate to utilizing your separate in-house server, your domain name will stay. This enables you to curate your blog without having to start from scratch.
Before deciding on a domain name, educate yourself on various categories of domain names. If you own a start-up company, your domain name should reflects or matches the business name to direct maximum customers.
A Good Web Hosting can be a Crucial Factor
Most of the new bloggers can make mistakes while choosing a hosting for their blog and keeping in mind its significance, and you should pick the best hosting provider for your blog. Web hosting is where your Database or website files are going to be stored.
As a beginner, you should opt for the basic shared hosting plan. The best part is that most of the hosting companies also offer a free domain name for the first year when you opt to buy their hosting services. Besides, you should also keep in mind that the wrong web host may cause several problems with your blog.
That is why; choosing a reliable provider such as Bluehost can be a sensible option.
Choose an Ideal Niche for your Blog
Discovering a niche is the most crucial part of curating a blog. If you choose a niche that experiences great rivalry, your blog will lose by high authority websites. But if you choose a niche having no demand, your blog won’t make an impact. Here’s how you can choose your ideal niche.
1. Select a topic you love talking about.
Most bloggers give up on their passion as it doesn’t interest them anymore. So, make sure to choose a topic that you can talk about for a considerable time.
Expertise isn’t necessary, but excitement is when choosing a topic. So, take a pen and paper. Write down different blog posts that you would love to write about. Narrow down to one topic.
2. Carry out market research.
After picking up a topic, it’s time to guarantee whether it’s profitable and boasts a big market. Just execute a brief market research.
If rock climbing is your passion, you need to know whether it displays a great audience and the amount of competition it faces. Initiate your research on Google Trends. Type out the topic to view how many users are searching for it.
This platform will confirm whether the interest in your topic is stable, increasing, or decreasing. If the interest is declining, choose another topic.
3. Choose a smaller niche.
To see the competition faced by your topic, search it on Google and see the number of results. Rock climbing is a broad topic, with tons of websites producing content on it. To prevent rivalry with big authority websites, choose a smaller niche.
Scroll to the bottom to see other related search terms. Select a search term to see the competition. A search term can be analyzed by AdWords Keyword Planner. A smaller niche in rock climbing is “rock climbing for beginners”, which gains only 10,000 maximum searches monthly – low competition.
Set Up your Blog’s SEO
The most significant ranking factor is the URLs of your blog posts as well as pages. The moment you add a new page or post, you can easily see the page editor and pick the URL after dot com.
You can choose from various options based upon your research. Some of the high-ranking blogs mostly follow the “Post name” or “Custom” structures.
This post may have answered most of the queries about starting your blog. Besides, you should also keep up with our blog to get frequent updates regarding the topic.