TikTok is undoubtedly one of the awe-inspiring fastest growing communities for people all across the world to create, share, and enjoy entertaining short videos.
Regardless of the fact as to whether you’ve been following your favorite singer, brand, celebrity, or any professional sports team on TikTok, chances are that you may have noticed a blue check mark shown right alongside their handle. Tik Tok offers verified badges to usefully guide users make rightly informed choices about the accounts they opt to follow.
It goes without saying that getting your account verified on any social media platforms can be a great uplift for your business and the same goes for TikTok in 2021. Not only will this lend you legitimacy, genuineness, but most importantly show your followers, or potential followers, that you’re the standout contender for the job.
What is a Verified Badge Why is it Such a Big Deal?
As far as a verified badge is concerned, it simply means that TikTok has confirmed the account rightly belongs to the user it truly represents. It just pops up right next to a Tik Tok user’s account name in search results and also on the profile as an evident blue check mark.
However, it’s also not that easy to get the coveted blue tick checkmark and most specifically on TikTok. While keeping in view the fact that verification is supposed to be for public figures, celebrities, brands, and publishers, it is still answerable as to what exactly makes a public figure or a brand suitable for it.
As far as granting verification is concerned, TikTok’s Creator Launch Team has a comparatively strict criteria and guideline in this regard. The main concept behind verification is to save popular creators who could be impersonated, copied, or bullied.
Moreover, the most important part is that they also want to attract celebrities, musicians, public figures, and other very renowned figures to use their platform.
There are so many reasons as to why getting a TikTok Verified Badge must certainly be worth the effort, i.e.
The best part of getting verified on TikTok is that it comes with lots of credibility, enhancing the way other users perceive your account.
A badge undoubtedly gives your profile an extra layer of trustworthiness while allowing you to build trust among highly ranked accounts and their followers.
Once your account gets verified, your account then certainly becomes endorsed by TikTok as a reliable thought-leader, making your brand’s authority more strong across the platform.
Owing to the platform’s algorithms, verified accounts have the true potential to make true rounds around TikTok. Besides, your videos truly gain more likes that can truly lead to organic growth in followers.
Can you buy TikTok verification?
keep this in mind that you cannot buy verification on TikTok and that is why, you should beware of the scams. Moreover, it is also worth mentioning that verification will be given free to users who have been chosen by the TikTok team.
There are plenty of scammers out there claiming to be able to hook you up just for a few bucks and you shouldn’t fall for it. The important point to consider is that it’s not legal or legitimate, and in case if they run off with your money, you can do anything about it.
The best advice would be to get verified only through meeting the criteria and get selected by the TikTok team.
Criteria for TikTok Verification & Getting Coveted Blue Tick in 2021
TikTok expert Rachel Pederson, who is associated with the Creator Launch Team on TikTok, mentions the following criteria when considering an account for verification:
Steady daily follower growth:
Accounts that are consistently gaining around 500–2,000 followers per day
Accounts of users who are mostly featured in renowned and respected media platforms like newspapers, TV shows, and magazines
Enhancing watch time:
Accounts that gets more and more views as well as watch time
Viral content on consistent basis:
Accounts that are putting out content that consistently goes viral
Account verification on other social media platforms:
User accounts who are verified on other platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter
In case if you are a celebrity or a renowned media figure, these issues couldn’t pose a problem. However, if you are a small business owner and still trying to get the word out about your brand, it might be very challenging to meet these criteria.
Here is How to Get Tik Tok Verified Badge in 2021
There are a certain number of factors that are considered in granting a verified badge and which includes as to whether the notable account is genuine, unique, active, and most importantly adheres to their Community Guidelines and Terms of Service.
That being said it is also true that a verified badge couldn’t imply an endorsement by TikTok and it is crucial that users stick to their guidelines to make sure that TikTok still remains a safe, fun platform for anyone and verified users are also no exception to that.
While keeping in view the fact that verification badges are only reserved for big-time TikTokers only, the question arises as to what can be done if you want to attain this status.
It is worth mentioning that getting a verification badge is an uphill climb and the odds aren’t rightly in your favor, however going through the following tips will help you in getting that sweet blue checkmark. Let’s dive in,
1. Steady Growth is the Way to Go
- The most important thing to keep in mind if you want to get a TikTok Verified Badge is to put the bulk of your efforts into flourishing your account.
- It is also worth mentioning that your account should reveal a persistent growth of followers, but keep in mind that quantity shouldn’t exceed quality in this instance and also the number of views and also the engagement and session times.
- In addition, the more watch time your videos get, the more chances are that your video will go viral, which is rightly what is going to happen.
- While keeping in view the fact that viral content is the main bloodline of TikTok and exhibiting your ability to establish these kinds of videos that will go a long way when continuing a verified badge.
- Besides, it is also worth mentioning that getting verified on TikTok is not only based on your activity on this platform. On the contrary, your chances of getting verification will skyrocket if you have established accounts on other social media or if you have been featured in some online publications. This can give immediate credibility and certainly give a hint to TikTok that you’re the kind of person they most likely would have on the platform while giving them a valid reason to promote your activity with a TikTok Verified Badge.
2. Interaction with Other Users Pays Off
- There can be innumerable ways through which you can engage with other Tik Tok users and some of them include challenges such as duets, comments, and shares. Make sure that you utilize every single one of them.
- In addition to making sure that your followers are feeling appreciated with replies and likes, you must also give them extra incentives to pursue following you. That is why; you should come up with videos, challenges, and also duets with the only purpose of interacting with your followers. It is worth mentioning here that high levels of engagement will improve your chances of getting the TikTok Verified Badge to a dramatic extent.
- Moreover, your efforts should not stop with your followers and you should follow your favorite users and also interact with them. TikTok wants its top accounts to be active and you should make sure that you’re not centered entirely on your own profile.
3. Don’t Over-focus on Verification
At the end of the day, getting verified with a blue tick on TikTok isn’t the kind of thing you can have much control over. So there’s not that much point in getting stuck on the blue tick.
That is why, you shouldn’t need verification to enhance your brand or become a renowned and respected presence on TikTok.
Make sure that you mostly focus on enhancing your presence and making new connections, enjoying yourself, and producing spell-binding content. Chances are that you will get verified in the process and If not, just keep on trying!
4. Work on your Content Strategy
- It is worth mentioning that marketing strategy on any social media must rely on improvisation. Having a persistent influx of great concepts is significant; enhancing their influence comes to having a solid strategy dictating it from the background.
- Make sure that your research on what ideally works in your specific niche, thoroughly examine what times of posting gives best results, comprehend the impact of your videos, keep up with trends, make an effective use of popular hashtags, meet all relevant challenges, etc. Besides, you must also need to define some useful marketing materials, most particularly your account’s tone of voice.
- This certainly entails a lot of work, so keep in mind that you’re not forced to do this all by yourself and you can always team up with a marketing agency with an impressive portfolio in TikTok marketing. This will allow you to not get affected by everyday grind and keep your focus on the big picture.
5. Get as Many Followers as you Can
While keeping in view the fact that TikTok only verifies public figures/celebrities, brands and likewise publishers, it goes without saying that you need a big following.
This clearly means that you can come up with a high quality and creative content with utmost regularity and consistency. It also means that you should follow high-volume accounts and comprehend the types of content that excels within the TikTok landscape.
6. Get Noticed by the Media
You should also ensure that your brand is doing some extraordinary as well as noteworthy stuff that will definitely gain far enough attention to get more and more media coverage.
Moreover, if you have some connections in the media, it shouldn’t hurt to leverage those as well. Make sure that you take part in public projects or events that will easily help you get noticed.
7. Up your Consistency Game
Regardless of the fact as to how eye-catching your videos are, chances of getting verified on TikTok are less if you’re consistently uploading content. Make sure that you have rolled up your sleeves and ensure that your brand is seen as a steady source of top videos.
The most preferable way would be to post three videos per day to ideally fill up the top row of your TikTok account, but this shouldn’t mean that you should churn out worthless filler content.
Just in case if you want to excel in this platform, you will need to roll out high-end videos on a frequent basis. That is why, partnering up with an agency can easily help a ton here as they would help meet the high daily quota.
8. Make Sure that you Know all the Tik Tok Songs
When it comes to viral songs, TikTok has without any doubt some major influence these days. From remixes to nostalgia vibes, every kind of song has driven everyone crazy with the tunes.
Make sure that you take note of the most viral songs as well as their complementary dances, and make sure to learn them too. Moreover, you could also jump on a specific trend’s bandwagon and reinvent it with a new twist.
It is worth mentioning that the key to success on TikTok is to move ahead with speed as trends go as soon as they come. The most important part is being good at lip-syncing.
9. Up to the Mark Content is a Must
If you want to make sure that your videos are reflecting the quality of your service, make sure that you are having great content when it comes to creativity, your production values must be as high as possible, and that needs investing in pro-grade equipment.
The most important thing is to ensure that you’re always filming with a newer iPhone or Samsung Galaxy phones as they are the ones with the best camera options.
To add more elegance to your videos, try to get a gimbal to avoid last-minute shakes and also have an external microphone so your audio is so clear. In addition, you could also seek help from video editing software.
10. Strictly Adhere to the Rules
If you want to receive a TikTok Verified Badge, it’s advised that you should strictly follow the guidelines of the platform.
Follow the TikTok rules and regulations with perfection and keep in mind that violating the instructions will get you flagged by the moderators. All of this could lessen the chance of ever receiving the verification badge to a huge extent.
Despite the aforementioned details, it is worth noting that nothing will guarantee you TikTok verification; however you need to keep making high-quality content and also work on flourishing your account by leaps and bounds. Getting a verification badge might take some time but the good news is that your marketing campaigns on the platform do not need your profile to get verified.