How to Feature Channels on YouTube without Any Hassle
Back in 2013 when YouTube took a substantial step and introduced a brand new channel design for YouTubers and dubbing it “Channel one,” the joy of businesses knew no bounds as this was something beyond extraordinary.
The sole purpose of this design was to create an opportunity for businesses on YouTube while branding themselves more efficiently with content that’s ideal for both traditional computers as well as mobile devices.
The fascinating thing about this new feature was that the design came with a “Featured channels” element that ideally complements the overall package. Besides, there are so many other ways through which you can make the most of featured channels on YouTube.
Featured vs Recommended Channel
- It is also worth mentioning here that a “featured channel” on YouTube technically varies from a “recommended channel.” In the case of recommended channels, these are based on your pre-existing established YouTube viewing history and Google browsing behavior being recorded on your computer or any other device.
- On the other hand, a featured channel is a channel that comprises videos that YouTube believes (based on the algorithm on the site) can be worth watching.
- It should also be kept in mind that the recommended channel doesn’t necessarily depend on your preferences or any kind of web-surfing patterns.
- YouTube’s algorithms have always been pursuing to choose and feature channels on its site that will ideally attract more views from more people.
- Just in case if you need to attract YouTube’s automated eyes to your own channel and which is undoubtedly more crucial for you, make sure that you focus on creating more and more quality videos as per the YouTube community’s standards, guidelines, as well as recommendations while including quality video titles, tags, and also best descriptions for your videos.
- Keep in mind that if your channel successfully gets featured on YouTube’s featured channels section, it can be pretty much amazing for you.
How can you Feature Other Channels on YouTube?
Just in case if you upload videos to your YouTube as a source of advertising your business, the best way to do so is by getting featured channels while successfully enabling the feature on your channel.
You might have saved the videos that the other YouTubers have uploaded and you would definitely like to share them with your own audience.
All you have to do is choose them and get them to pop up on your channel’s main page, usually located in the upper right corner.
You also have to make sure that the videos you choose reflect your brand’s language and clear identity and they’re ideally meant to give your viewers a wider experience with your brand as well as business.
Let’s have a look at how to feature other channels on YouTube:
- First things first, make sure that you’re logged into the channel where you wish to add the link. Just click on ‘My Channel’.
- This is followed by clicking ‘Add Channels’ under ‘Featured Channels’ right at the right-hand side of the screen on your home page
- Try to enter the channel username or URL that you wish to add. Click ‘Done.’
- You can also add a section near the bottom that comprises channels. Click ‘Add a section’, ‘Select content’ and select ‘Custom grouping’.
- Under ‘Channel Selection’, try to click ‘Add channels’ and ideally create a title for this section followed by entering the channel username or URL that you wish to add.
- You can also change the order of the sections by simply clicking the up and down arrows at the upper right corner of the section.
- You can also easily turn off sections such as Uploads by simply clicking the pencil icon located at the upper right corner, then the trash icon. This will easily clean up your homepage while letting your audience wholly and solely focus on what you want them to watch.
Also Discover: How to Watch Private YouTube Videos With or Without Permission?
Here is How to Edit the Channels on your ‘Featured Channels’
- Just go to the “Featured Channels” panel and where you will easily find a pencil icon. Just click it.
- Here you will see options such as “Edit” and then you click it.
- It will take you back to the display of the featured channels and you can easily see an “X” on the featured videos just in case you want to remove them.
- Moreover, if you need to add more, you simply need to follow the simple steps you took before, as mentioned above and you will definitely have more channels on your Featured channels.
How can I Rearrange the Order of the Videos?
- Simply click the little left panel that rightly comes up on each video in order to move them wherever you want them.
- This is followed by choosing “Done” and it will ideally reflect in your “Featured Channels” panel just the way you have rearranged them.
- When you’re completely done with everything you have to do on the feature channels panel, to exit, you simply have to go up and choose “My channel” and it will take you back to your YouTube channel where everything will be back to normal as you’re used to and you can easily watch your “featured Channels” list right on your YouTube channel.
Perks of Adding Features Channels on Your YouTube Channel
- It can ideally bring all the other eyes from the featured channel right into your own channel.
- Everyone who successfully views or is subscribed to the channel you have featured on your own channel will get to watch your own channel and videos too.
- It is an ideal way to build and enhance your community in a short while.
- Whenever you feature other channels, the YouTuber that is behind the channel you feature will have to help you in return, and then they can easily decide to also feature your own channel on their channels.
- The featured channel recommends you to their friends and you get more and more subscribers.
- While making the most of the feature channels, to successfully feature other channels on your own channel is an ideal way to be more connected with your colleagues within your niche or industry.
- Whenever you gain the respect and cooperation of your colleagues, you are successful to be qualified for their help or assistance whenever you face challenges they can help with.
- It can have a wider reach while covering more audiences and which will enable you to consider taking the feature channels option more seriously.
- Helps in a full-fledged business relationship that can successfully lead to future business opportunities as well as collaborations, and expansion in the long run.
It goes without saying that featuring other channels on your own channel is definitely a win-win not only for your channel but also all the channels you get to feature. Besides, you can also find that people come around to easily give you support whenever it is needed.